The Top 10: Our Favorite Holiday Cookies For 2011
Our own Tene Harris of Buckingham Rd. is one of the 10 finalists in the Los Angeles Times Holiday Cookie Bakeoff with her Ambrosia Macaroons.
Nearly 200 entries were submitted in the L.A. Times Holiday Cookie Bake-Off this year, and more than 7,000 votes were cast by readers. We took the top 50 vote-getters and put them to the test this past weekend at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Pasadena.
And the results are in! Here are our 10 favorite holiday cookies from this year’s Cookie Bake-Off:
- Hungarian Isler Cookies, submitted by Monica Csaszni
- Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies, submitted by Cheryl Margolin
- Almond Candy Cane Cookies, submitted by Kristen Johnson
- Dulce de Leche Cookies, submitted by Zaira Angelo
- Ronnie’s Raspberry Crescents, submitted by Kim Nykanen
- White Chocolate Turtle Cookies, submitted by Nicole Cleghorn
- Cranberry Thumbprints, submitted by Kim Gerber
- Ambrosia Macaroons, submitted by Tene Harris
- Sweet Tart Oat Nut Bars, submitted by Ronna Ballister
- Granny’s Sugar Cookies, submitted by Vicki Wawerchak
We’ll be inviting the readers who submitted the top 10 cookie recipes to downtown L.A. for a tour of the Test Kitchen and to be photographed in our studio. The recipes are scheduled to run in the Food section on Dec. 15.
— Noelle Carter
Photo: Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies. Credit: Betty Hallock