Please find enclosed our latest construction notice regarding an upcoming intersection closure at La Cienega Boulevard and Jefferson Boulevard for street reconstruction work.
What: Temporary intersection closure for street reconstruction, including excavation, curb and gutters, traffic signals, repaving and restriping.
Where/When: The intersection of La Cienega Boulevard at Jefferson Boulevard will be closed to through traffic on the following dates –
Continuous Closure – 7:00 p.m. Friday, April 15 to 6:00 a.m. Monday, April 25, 2011
Construction Work Hours – 7:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12 midnight, Saturday and Sunday
- Northbound traffic on La Cienega Boulevard will be detoured eastbound at Rodeo Road to northbound La Brea Avenue.
- Southbound traffic on La Cienega Boulevard will be detoured eastbound at Washington Boulevard or Adams Boulevard to southbound La Brea Avenue.
- Westbound traffic on Jefferson Boulevard will be detoured at La Brea Avenue.
- Weekend Detour for Eastbound Traffic – Eastbound traffic on National Boulevard will be detoured southbound at Jefferson Boulevard to eastbound Rodeo Road.
- Weekday Detour for Eastbound Traffic – Eastbound traffic on Jefferson Boulevard will be detoured northbound at La Cienega Boulevard to eastbound Adams Boulevard.
- Drivers heading westbound and eastbound on Jefferson Boulevard are encouraged to use Washington Boulevard, Adams Boulevard or Rodeo Road as alternate routes.
- Local access will be maintained by use of flaggers for residences and businesses.
- Electronic message boards and other directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers around the construction zones in order to minimize the disruption to traffic.
Parking restrictions in all construction areas will be strictly enforced at all times. Please do not enter the construction work zone and obey all posted construction signs.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)